Q'uellar d'Kor'ali
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of Kor'ali

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How is Sorciere structured?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Boneskn
Faern

Number of posts : 67
Quotes : Amil'air, Virak, Gorion
Registration date : 2008-06-15

How is Sorciere structured? Empty
PostSubject: How is Sorciere structured?   How is Sorciere structured? EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 6:15 pm

What is all involved with the member/mage/master way sorciere is organized? Like what is needed to qualify for any/all of those. And is sorciere at all active on the server? Seems dead to me, I rarely see mage types around or talking about anything from sorciere.
Back to top Go down
Hades
Elghinn Velve
Elghinn Velve
Hades

Male Number of posts : 237
Self-proclaimed Title : Ilharess
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: How is Sorciere structured?   How is Sorciere structured? EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Sorcere is composed of a similar ranking system as the other acadamies. It is as follows:

Zhaunin: Apprentice Wizard sponsored by a M'elzar or Faern in Sorcere. Zhaunins must learn battle commands and work with their masters to better themselves in the art of spellcraft. They must pass a test at their master's discression to advance Rank. Zhaunin may petition to take the test of M'elzar at level 10. A Zhaunin's place in a patrol is that of the healer. A Zhaunin is to remain out of combat and heal their companions through healing kits and salves.

M'elzar: These are veterin spell casters. M'elzar are required to take an apprentice and work with that apprentice until the apprentice reaches M'elzar status. To advance rank a M'elzar must show mastery in spellcraft and must pass at test given by a Faern at their discression. Mel'zar's may petition to take the test of the Faern at level 20. A M'elzar's place in battle is to provide ranged support for the patrol through use of offensive spells.

Faern: Masters of Spellcraft and teachers at the Sorcere Acadamy. A Faern is expected to take on a M'elzar apprentice and teach them to be a master of magic. Faern's are also require to work with the temple to help further the research and divinations of the Clergy. A Faern's place in battle is to provide offensive and defensive support for their patrol or unit.
Back to top Go down
Ansient
Ust Dalhar

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How is Sorciere structured?   How is Sorciere structured? EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:01 pm

Just to tell you how the insignias work in Szith's Sorciere...they're based on your base class: only wizard and sorceror levels count.

First tier: Able to cast 3rd level spells (5th wizard. I assume it's coded for 5th sorceror as well even though they get these spells at 6th)

Second tier: Able to cast 6th level spells (11th wizard. 11th sorceror as well I assume, doubt it was coded for 12th)

Third tier: Able to cast 9th level spells (17th wizard, possibly coded for 18th sorceror)

So in Szith, I think reaching 17th wizard makes you a master, and you may also wish to play that e.g. 7th wizard with 10 arcane scholar is also a master.

It's pretty fun to play the apprentice and advancing in rank stuff out in-game of course, but those who don't have someone handy to guide them sort of assume it's happened "behind the scenes".

Of course I'm more than happy to give anyone "guidance" with Istinid, so have your characters give him a ring : )

Just bear in mind that while I know tons about the game mechanics of NWN2, I'm a bit of a neophyte when it comes to the lore behind the magic in FR.

This might be a good starting point: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Magic , but I'm not quite sure where to go from there.
Back to top Go down
Boneskn
Faern

Number of posts : 67
Quotes : Amil'air, Virak, Gorion
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: How is Sorciere structured?   How is Sorciere structured? EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks. Nobody talks about sorciere, and I've never actually seen another person either there or speaking as a master of sorciere or anything to ask. So when you hit 11 caster level Master Alin at the door gives you a new rank of insignia, or do you pester a DM, or how does that work?
Back to top Go down
Ansient
Ust Dalhar

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How is Sorciere structured?   How is Sorciere structured? EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:11 pm

Istinid has been introducing himself as a master of sorciere for some time, though he'll be emphasizing his Qu'el'faeruk-ness more now : )

Yeah Master Alin gives the new insignias. If you're something like 7 wizard 10 scholar and can't get the insignia from him, then you can pester a DM about that, they might be amenable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is Sorciere structured?   How is Sorciere structured? Empty

Back to top Go down

How is Sorciere structured?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Q'uellar d'Kor'ali :: Out of Character :: General Discussion-
Jump to: